Phantom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers!

2 posters

Phantom :: Guild :: In-game :: WoW

Go down

Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers! Empty Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers!

Post  Kavan Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:31 am

Well i am creating this thread just to say some things about World of Warcraft for new players or maybe old players who want to know something and ask opinion from guild members. Very Happy
Read it and post your opinions and tips too!
"Be Kind to those less fortunate"

Last edited by Kavan on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kavan
Kavan

Back to top Go down

Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers! Empty Kavan's Mining guide for starters on the alliance! Part1 - Azeroth (Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms)

Post  Kavan Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:50 am

Well, i've been noticing that for the horde if you want to start mining very soon its quite easy because their initial areas are full of mining spots... Shocked

But to the alliance its a bit different... I started as a draenei and tought i could find good ammount of ores in Azuremyst Isle but not. I found very few copper mines and yet when i moved to Bloodmyst Isle i found that there were no single ore there! Crying or Very sad

So i tought: ah well there must be copper in the mines of Elwynn Forest! (aka.: starting place of humans) Very Happy

Well... no it wasnt. Very few ores as ever. Well maybe dwarves have some at their initial place but only there... So, there's a tip if you want to level while mining! Smile

If you start as a draenei complete the azuremyst quests then go to darkshore by boat (if you explore all the map you'll find a pier then wait for a boat there), there are lots of ores in darkshore (copper and tin) specially in the place with lots of stone golem mobs and the naga waterfall Razz

Proceed then to Ashenvale and enjoy the lots of mines there! The quality of mines grows up from left to right on the map! (from copper to iron). If you want a great spot to leveling your mining go through the Talondeep path in ashenvale south side that leads to stonetalon mountains and search the round part named the Chared Vale or something like that, and simple circle in the round area border collecting everything you can! Probably if you start from the very entrance of the circle when you complete an entire round the mines will be respawning at the start Very Happy (from copper to truesilver)

If you start at any other place, and want to level mining early believe me, theres no future for you in eastern kingdoms (at least in the start). So if youre at teldrassil or azuremyst go to darkshore. If you are at Dun Morogh get the deeprun tram on ironforge and get to stormwind. If you are on elwynn forest proceed to stormwind. From stormwind get the boat at stormwind harbor and get to darkshore.
In Resume do this:
-At lv 10 start getting Copper and Tin at Darkshore.
-If you want to risk yourself, Durotar and Barrens have tons of Copper and Tin more than everywhere else.
-At lv 20 start getting from Copper to Iron at Ashenvale.
-If you dont want to do it on Ashenvale do at Charred Vale - Stonetalon Mountains.
-After that on 30 you might want better materials. Stonetalon Mountains has Mithril and Truesilver, on the region of Charred vale. Near horde base on Desolace theres Mithril and truesilver too, specially on Maraudon entrance and inside.
-At lv 40 and more you may want Mithril and Thorium. Go to Tanaris South, or volcano in Un'goro Crater(you might need to level a little before or get a bodyguard because monsters are a little strong [50 up]). Also great places to get Thorium are the Slithus beasts nests(the weird creatures where the ground is all organic), like in Feralas Southeast, Tanaris Southwest, Un'goro Crater Southwest, and of course Slithus itself.

Well... all the ores mentioned up here can be obtained simply by mining on their respective spots, but there are some that cant be obtained this easily and might be useful to have them.

First is the Enchanted Thorium. This one can be done by anyone who have mining and is the easiest in my opinion. It costs 1 Thorium Bar and 3 Dream Dust. The thorium is easy, however it can be quite troublesome to get Dream Dust. You can ask for a enchanter to give it to you, or buy at Auction House. Maybe even use disenchant option on party loots. Dream Dust can be obtained from uncommon equips of lv 40 to 55. Once you get the materials you are ready to do the bar and be happy.

Second is Arcanite. This one can be a pain because it can only be done by alchemists and its quite expensive at Auction House. Requires at least a char lv 35 with Alchemy 275, and a Philosopher's Stone. The recipe for Arcanite and Philosopher's Stone can be bought on Tanaris - Gadgetzan. Doing a bar will cost 1 Thorium Bar and 1 Arcane Crystal. To get the crystal, you have to be lucky. It comes randomly while mining Thorium veins. Quite hard to get, wich makes dificult to do Arcanite.

Third is Dark Iron. This one is not really difficult, but can take a lot of time to do. First, you can find the ores for it only on Burning Steppes, Searing Gorge and Blackrock Depths. Second is: you need 8 ores to do a bar. Third, Smelt Dark Iron isnt teached by trainers. To learn how to smelt it you have to venture yourself on the Dungeon Blackrock Depths, and find a npc called Gloom'rel, before it opens the door (you will see what i am saying when you get there.), and he will make you offer some tribute into a thing. The tribute consists in : 20 Gold Bar, 10 Truesilver Bar, and 2Star Ruby. Once you do the tribute, you can will learn how to smelt it from him. Fourth and more annoying: You can only smelt Dark Iron inside the dungeon, on the special forge of there, called Dark Forge.
For these reasons it is quite hard to make Dark Iron. It can be worth if you are a blacksmith and want to do Dark Iron set, wich gives quite a lot of fire resistance.

Well, thats it. Hope you like it! Now... go mining!
Very Happy
Kavan
Kavan

Back to top Go down

Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers! Empty Re: Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers!

Post  chain33 Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:14 pm

Thanks for the advice Kavan, mining is a little tricky for the alliance player
chain33
chain33
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers! Empty Kavan's Mining guide for starters on the alliance! Part2 - Outlands

Post  Kavan Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:22 pm

Well i dont really have a lot of experience mining there, but i think i got a few advices Very Happy

First things first, you will need to learn the outlands riding skill, also known as flight, wich of course allows you to fly in outlands. This is needed to access lots of good spots of mining and other stuff . Cool

Theres a little problem now that we are in outlands. Smelt any ore to create a bar costs 2 ores. So if you wanna gather to sell at AH dont smelt, because selling 2 stacks of ores is more worth than selling a stack of bars, because ores are useful to more than 1 profession in different ways. Smile

The easiest to get ore and mostly predominant in outlands or so i would like to think, is Fel Iron. If you want to farm this one you're lucky because they are far too easy to find. Hellfire Peninsula aka the starting zone of outlands, is FULL of this ore. If you cant find it then consider yourself blind. Shocked

Next one is Adamantite. This one you will find anywhere in outlands, since well, where theres noFel Iron, theres Adamantite. I would prefer myself a few spots where i find easy lots of veins, wich is right up Shattrah City in Terrokar Forest, in the ogres camp. Pretty nice collection there. Also nice is to fly in circles around Terrokar borders because is one of the places with most veins of Adamantite i've seen. Razz

There is also the third common and "uncommon" ore, wich is Khorium. Most likely, in the original WoW (blizzard servers), this vein has chance to respawn in any point of vein that you collected, with that vein. Seems it's not this way on spermik tough Rolling Eyes. The point is, khorium spawns on fixed points of the map, like any other vein. But i've seen only 2 or 3 veins on each map of outlands, so it can be a little hard... if you dont wanna risk yourself. If you want to risk yourself you can use a "bug" i found very useful, but can be kinda called bug abusing. Just use it if you really need the Khorium. The bug is: get yourself strong enough to survive alone in The Underbog. This is a dungeon of the couple of dungeons in Zangarmarsh, in Coilfang Reservoir, just down under the water where you see a blue vortex, unmissable. When you get to the summoning stone, the instance is the first one to the right. There is a group of 4 mobs in the entrance of the instance. Defeat them and go to your right. Theres a khorium vein there. Get it. Now the bug: get outside the instance, and click your face, select the option "reset all instances". This will only work if you're the party leader and noone else from your party is at instance. Doing this will reset the dungeon... and the vein too! Very Happy Infinite ores while you can handle it, just dont abuse it Mad

Now for the most uncommon: Eternium. This one is A N N O Y I N G because it deppends only on your luck. It can come with any other ore while mining so, keep mining until you get enough of it. No advices for this unfortunately . Sad

Now a quick view about the smelts.
Fel Steel - Just annoying. You will hardly need this one. Learn to smelt it at any trainer in Outlands. Costs 3 Fel Iron bar and 2 Eternium bar, in other words, 6 Fel iron ore and 4 Eternium ore. Quite expensive to do.

Hardened Adamantite - This one is easier to do, but costs a lot. Learn it from trainers too. Hardly used, except for really powerfull lv 70 stuff, needs 10 Adamantite Bar or 20 Adamantite Ore. Yes, a stack to do one bar. Sounds hard but its quite easy Laughing

Another thing you should pay attention: Every time you mine, you might get Motes of Earth and Fire. These ones are the bread and butter for a lot o stuff so never throw them away.

Well thats it for now, i think there is something still missing here but i'll play more and put my discoveries here. Have fun Very Happy
Kavan
Kavan

Back to top Go down

Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers! Empty Re: Hey Hey Give tips for the newcomers!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down